Bowl-a-Thon Prize Drawing Guidelines
1. DURATION OF CONTEST: The contest will be open and fundraising amounts will be determined based on the donations received and/or processed between January 1, 2016 and the close of the specific event at which the participant is entered.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to registered participants of the 2016 Junior Achievement Bowl-a-Thon held by Junior Achievement of Oregon & SW Washington. Participants must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible. Employees of Junior Achievement of Oregon & SW Washington and their immediate family members are not eligible for any prizes. “Immediate family members” are defined as parents, step parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings or spouses. Subject to all applicable laws. Void outside the US andwhere prohibited.
4. DETERMINATION OF ENTRIES: Participant fundraising amounts will be determined based on the donations received and/or processed between February 18, 2016 and the close of the specific event at which the participant is entered. These may include online gifts processed, cash, checks and completed matching gift requests. The Junior Achievement Staff will verify cash and check amounts received at the event and apply the totals as accurately as possible to individual bowlers. In the case that no individual bowler breakdown is provided on team materials, the donations for the team will be evenly divided across individual bowlers on that team.
5. Registration fees are not included in fundraising totals and will not be included in a participant’s fundraising total. of entries a bowler receives in the grand prize drawing as well as the highest overall fundraising winner. Each registered participant meeting eligibility requirements will receive one (1) entry in the Grand Prize Drawing of the event for which they are registered. Each eligible participant’s total will also be considered for the Top Fundraiser prize for the event for which they are registered.
6. WINNER SELECTION: One Grand Prize Winner and one Top Fundraiser Winner will be selected for each Bowl-a-Thon event held by Junior Achievement of Oregon & SW
Washington during the 2016 Bowl-a-Thon. These events are 2016 Central Oregon JA Bowl-a-Thon, 2016 Klamath Falls JA Bowl-a-Thon, 2016 Medford JA Bowl-a-Thon, 2016 Eugene Bowl-a-Thon and 2016 Portland JA Bowl-a-Thon. The Grand Prize Winner will be determined by random selection within 30 days following the event. The Top Fundraiser Winner will be selected based on the individual participants’ fundraising totals at the close of the event. In the case of a tie for Top Fundraiser, the winner will be determined by random selection from the tied participants. Winners will be notified by phone or email.
7. PRIZES: All taxes and any other expenses not stated herein, including without limitation meals, gratuities, transportation and other incidentals are the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitutions or transfers except at the discretion of the Junior Achievement of Oregon & SW Washington. If any portion of the prize does not take place as currently scheduled, for any reason, Junior Achievement of OR & SW Washington at its sole discretion may change the prize, or offer a substitution. Winners must complete a W-9 form prior to receiving their prize, thereby making them responsible for any tax liabilities associated with the prize received.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATIONS: By participating in this Contest and/or accepting any prize you may be awarded, you agree that the Contest Parties, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees, agents, successors, and representatives shall not be liable to any and all actions, claims, including third party claims, injury, loss or damage arising from or relating to the Contest, including entry, participation in the Contest, or the acceptance, possession or misuse of any prize. By participating in this Contest and/or accepting any prizes you may be awarded, you agree to fully indemnify each of the Contest Parties from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. Entrants authorize the Contest Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data,city and state of residence, in programming or promotional material, in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Contest Parties are not obligated to use any of the abovementioned information but may do so and edit such information and materials at their sole discretion without further obligation or compensation. The Contest Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete entries, (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors, (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials, including these rules, associated with the Contest. The Contest Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any electronic devise resulting from participating in, or accessing, uploading or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Junior Achievement of OR & SW Washington reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem , unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond their control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law and should such an attempt be made, Junior Achievement of Oregon and SW Washington reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) from any such person to the fullest extent of the permitted law. The Oregon Court (State and Federal) shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Contest and the laws of Oregon shall govern the Contest. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and venue in these courts and hereby submits to the jurisdiction of these courts.
9. Adminstrator: Junior Achievement of Oregon & SW Washington, 7830 SW Foster Road, Portland, Oregon 97206.
10. These rules are available on www.jaorswwa.org, on the fundraising websites associated with each event and at Junior Achievement of Oregon & SW Washington, 7830 SE Foster Road, Portland, Oregon 97206.
Please click here to learn more about our Bowl-a-Thons